Date: 5/11/18 3:23 pm
From: 'Diana Pesek' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] More Johnson County shorebirds
In addition to the shorebirds reported by Jim Forde from the Hawkeye WMA today, the upper arm of Lake Macbride had a few shorebirds as well that might be of interest to those participating in the Iowa City Bird Club's spring count on Saturday.

From Twin View Heights I was able to scope:
--Black-bellied Plovers
--Dowitcher species
--Dunlin
--Lesser Yellowlegs
--Pectoral Sandpipers
--Least Sandpipers
--Semipalmated Plovers

Also present were:
--Mute Swan
--2 Snow Geese (one injured)
--Caspian, Forster's and Black Terns
--1 Bonaparte's Gull
--Ring-billed Gulls

I was at the same place yesterday, and the area was mostly mudflats. By today the water had risen so much there was little shorebird habitat left, and the birds were all pushed to the eastern edge. So not sure if on Saturday there will be any shorebird habitat there at all, but let's hope!

Diana Pesek
Cedar Rapids