Date: 5/11/18 12:02 pm
From: David Govatski <david.govatski...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Pondicherry Migratory Bird Day Saturday 12 May 2018
We are all set for a day of birding at the Pondicherry National Wildlife Refuge in Jefferson and Whitefield on Saturday 12 May 2018. We have a two-hour Airport Marsh walk starting at 0600. We meet at Airport Marsh in Whitefield at an overlook above the marsh and across from the Mount Washington Regional Airport on Airport Road. At 0800 we will regroup for a guided birding walk into the Pondicherry Refuge. We meet at the Airport Road Trailhead diagonally across from the Biomass Power Plant. We have several birding guides who will be leading small groups. We also have a Saturday evening program at 7 PM at The Rocks in Bethlehem featuring Chris Martin and a program on Peregrine Falcons.

For directions and other information about Pondicherry visit our website at: https://www.friendsofpondicherry.org <https://www.friendsofpondicherry.org/>

Our Trail System is found on Trailfinder at: https://www.trailfinder.info/trails/trail/pondicherry-wildlife-refuge-main-trail-system <https://www.trailfinder.info/trails/trail/pondicherry-wildlife-refuge-main-trail-system>

On Thursday afternoon I saw a male Black-backed Woodpecker on the Mud Pond Trail with good views from the raised boardwalk. On Friday morning I saw 14 warbler species while doing a quick check of the trails. Details are on eBay. All are in very good condition except for a section of the Colonel Whipple Trail that has some blowdowns. But the trails we will be on are all clear and pretty dry. The forecast for Saturday is good birding!

David Govatski
Jefferson, N. H.