Date: 5/11/18 6:40 am
From: Gail Miller <gail.miller...>
Subject: Link: Photos Lewis Crossing Shopping Center in Conway
The new Lewis Crossing Shopping Center in Conway (Sam's Club, etc.) is just
about a mile from my house. I go over there 'the back way' to avoid the new
round-about traffic. Last year; February 2017, I was going over to meet
some friends to eat at one of the new restaurants. Going my usual back way,
I looked over at the 'pond' behind the complex as I passed . that's just
nature for me to do that. I noticed a duck on the water. I swung by, had
my camera in the car and photographed a Red-breasted Merganser. Okay . my
interest was sparked, so I started visiting the area frequently.
Interesting birds/photos. This year, I added an Eastern Bluebird nest box
to the area as the bluebirds just seemed to be begging for a house. Within
days of putting it up, the bluebirds had moved in to build their nest.
Second year for a Canada Goose family. Scissor-tailed Flycatchers nested
there last year and are back this year. Green Heron is back, at least it's
close by, so I assume they will be at the water soon too.

Link to my photos are here, should anyone like to see the different species
I've photographed there.

http://www.pbase.com/gnmimiller/lewis_crossing_birding

Gail Miller

Conway (Faulkner Co.) AR