Date: 5/11/18 6:26 am
From: Juliet Berger <juliet.berger...>
Subject: [birders] Yesterday's Northern Goshawk report at Dolph Park-- Must be an error in ID
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45524055

Birders,
I don't have contact info for Christopher Dick, who generated this report.
If anyone knows him, please forward his contact info to me.
There is a Cooper's Hawk nest at that exact location. There is no way
these birds would tolerate a Gos in there territory. This week we witnessed
them showing a Peregrine Falcon out of their area, in a dramatic way.
Lots of frantic flight, and screaming.
A female Coop can look a whole lot like a Gos in the proper light. This
one is a really big girl!

Good Birding,

Juliet Berger

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org