Date: 5/11/18 3:58 am
From: Karen Markey <ylime...>
Subject: [birders] Final reminder: WAS Field Trip to Magee Marsh on Sunday, May 13
Please join me for a Washtenaw Audubon Society field trip to Magee Marsh
this Sunday, May 13. We will carpool from the Plymouth Road park-and-ride
parking lot at 5:50 am, leave the lot at 6 am sharp. (This lot is at the
southwest intersection of US-23 and Plymouth Road.) Please do not arrive
late at the park-and-ride lot because we could be gone!

Alternatively, you can meet me and the rest of the carpoolers at the
"Warbler Display" at Magee Marsh's WEST boardwalk entrance at about 7:15
am. I plan to return in late afternoon, possibly making a stop at a nearby
marsh (e.g., Metzger, Maumee, Howard) if an unusual bird is reported there,
but individual drivers and their carpools may arrange to come back sooner.

Sunday's forecast has changed since my first message about this trip. It
will be colder with thunderstorms ending as we arrive in the morning,
temperatures starting in the low 50s and rising to barely low 60s, and ENE
winds. It will be cold! Such winds can blow across Lake Erie making Magee
downright frigid! Bring a hat, warm jacket, gloves, scarf, insect
repellent, lunch, and plenty of water or fluids for hydration. Magee Marsh
is boardwalk so athletic shoes/sneakers should be fine.

Except for the Breakfast Guy on the Friendship Trail, there is NO food or
drink for sale at Magee Marsh or anywhere nearby -- please pack a LUNCH
along with plenty of WATER and your favorite snacks and soft drinks.

If you have questions, please message me at ylime AT umich.edu. See you at
the Plymouth Road park-and-ride carpark at 5:50 am or at the Magee Marsh
warbler display at 7:15 am this Sunday, May 13.

PS. Messaging me that you are meeting me at the Plymouth Road park-and-ride
lot would be helpful so that I know you will be joining the trip.

Karen Markey
Email: <ylime...>
Web: http://ylime.people.si.umich.edu/

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org