Date: 5/10/18 8:10 pm
From: Adam Petry <petry...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Yellow-billed Cuckoo in Hotchkiss
Kudos to the sharp-eyed Maria Rodriguez, who chanced into a yellow-billed
cuckoo outside of Hotchkiss this Wednesday, May 9. According to her email,
"I was in my yard when two robins chased a bird into a small tree just a
few feet from me. I stepped forward a bit and looked up into the tree then
saw the all white underside of the cuckoo and the distinctive markings on
the underside of its tail. It seemed stunned for a few seconds but then
noticed me and flew off to the south." Thank you Maria!

Does anyone know where this ranks with the earliest known detection for the
western slope?

*Adam Petry*
Biologist/Owner

Western Biology, LLC