Date: 5/10/18 4:46 pm
From: Samuel Lewis <samlewis100...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Powder House Pond, Exeter
We took a quick evening jaunt around the pond and had a good catch - 23
species.

The highlights were the Rose-breasted Grosbeak, the Greater Yellowlegs
(which rose up out of nowhere to scare Veronica while I had great looks
from a safer distance), two Ruby-throated hummingbirds, and of course
Orioles all in different states of dress. One was scruffy with a black face
only (don't think it was a hooded), the other very mottled on the head, and
the third in full plumage. There may have been more than one female but it
was hard to tell.

Powder House Pond, Exeter
May 10, 2018
6:00 PM
Traveling
0.25 miles
60 minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Walk around the pond.

1 Mallard -- Hen landed in pond
2 Double-crested Cormorant - FO
1 Greater Yellowlegs -- Flew right beside within 20 feet of us doing the
alarm call.
2 Mourning Dove
2 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
1 Belted Kingfisher - FO -- Heard calling them flew right by
2 Downy Woodpecker -- Make and female in opposite areas
1 Warbling Vireo
2 Blue Jay
X Tree Swallow - FO
1 Marsh Wren -- Heard singing
X American Robin
2 Yellow Warbler
2 Yellow-rumped Warbler
1 White-throated Sparrow
6 Savannah Sparrow
4 Song Sparrow
2 Northern Cardinal - PO
1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak -- Clearly heard and seen flying away
4 Baltimore Oriole - NB -- 3 males one in full plumage the other two rather
scruffy. One of the scruffy ones was with a female.
X Red-winged Blackbird
X Common Grackle
4 House Sparrow

Number of Taxa: 23