Date: 5/10/18 3:17 pm
From: Brandon <flammowl17...>
Subject: [cobirds] SE Colorado May 3-10
I was able to spend the last week, checking migrant traps and lakes in SE
Colorado. A big thanks to the gracious landowners for allowing me to see
amazing birds on their properties.

The public birding locations that produced rarer birds were: Lamar
Community College grove (Prowers), Melody Tempel Grove (Bent County), Hasty
Campground (Bent County), Upper Queens Reservoir (Kiowa County), and Two
Buttes Reservoir (Baca County).

My highlights from each location:

*Lamar Community College:*
Broad-winged Hawk - 1 (May 9th)
Ovenbird - 1 (May 8th and 1 May 9th) -- different birds I believe
Worm-eating Warbler - 1 (May 9th and 1 (May 10th) -- same bird
Northern Waterthrush - 1 (May 3rd) and 1 (May 6th)
Black-and-white Warbler - 1 (May 8th)
Nashville Warbler - 1 (May 5th) and 1 (May 6th) -- same bird, 1 (May 10th)
MOURNING WARBLER - 1 male (May 8th)
Magnolia Warbler - 1 male (May 8th)
Black-throated Green Warbler - 1 female (May 8th)
Field Sparrow - 1 (May 6th)
Summer Tanager - 1 (May 6th) and 1 (May 9th) -- different birds
Scarlet Tanager - 1 male (May 5th and May 6th) - same bird
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 1 singing male (May 8th)
Red Crossbill - 2 (May 4th)

*Melody Tempel Grove:*
White-winged Dove - 1 (May 5th)
Ovenbird - 2 (May 9th)
Northern Waterthrush - 1 (May 3rd, May 7th, May 8th, May 9th)
Golden-winged Warlber - 1 male (May 7th)
Black-and-whited Warbler - 1 male, 1 female (May 6th), 1 male (May 7th)
Nashville Warbler - 1 (May 6th) and 1 (May 7th)
Blackpoll Warbler - 1 male (May 6th), 1 female (May 7th)
Townsend's Warbler - 1 (May 8th)
White-throated Sparrow - 1 (May 9th)
Summer Tanager - 1 (May 7th)

*Two Buttes Reservoir, below the dam:*
RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRD - 1 adult male (May 5th)
Cassin's Vireo - 1 (May 5th)
Northern Waterthrush - 4 (May 9th)

*Hasty Campground:*
Hooded Warbler - 1 male (May 7th)
Northern Parula - 1 male (May 3rd)
Field Sparrow - 1 (May 7th)
Summer Tanager - 1 (May 7th)

*Upper Queens Reservoir:*
White-eyed Vireo - 1 singing (May 10th)
Red-eyed Vireo - 1 (May 3rd)
Northern Parula - 1 male (May 4th)
Black-throated Blue Warbler - 1 male (May 3rd)
Field Sparrow - 1 (May 3rd)

*Private property in SE Colorado highlights:*
Ovenbird, Northern Waterthrush, SWAINSON'S WARBLER, American Redstart, CAPE
MAY WARBLER, Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Black-throated Green
Warbler, Summer Tanager.

Good luck to all who are heading out and about in SE Colorado this weekend.

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO