Date: 5/10/18 1:23 pm
From: PAM CHRIS <pcscranton...>
Subject: [COBOL] Prineville Wetlands
Spent about three hours at Prineville Wetlands and ran into Chuck Gates who pointed us to the bird of the day for us, a red-necked phalarope on the old sewer ponds mixed in with several dozen Wilson’s phalaropes. Thanks to Chuck for helping get the Prineville wetland project off the ground. We ran into a couple from Tucson who had come there having heard what a great facility it is. They said they were meeting Howard Horvath later on since they had met him while he was birding in Tucson. A bit cool but loads of activity. Here is what we saw:

Canada Goose- lots of goslings
Mallard
Gadwall
Northern Pintail
American Widgeon
Cinnamon Teal
Shoveler
Green-winged Teal
Redhead (Chuck saw)
Canvasback (Chuck saw)
Bufflehead
Rudy Duck
Great Blue Heron (at least 5 active nests at rookery)
Red-tailed Hawk
American Coot
Spotted Sandpiper
Killdeer