Date: 5/10/18 1:15 pm
From: nancy tikalsky <ntikalsky...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET MP, Chicago - Mourning, Canada, Cape May, Northern Parula
Chris Grant and I had our first great day of warblers in Millenium Park this noon!

The Mourning Warbler and Canada Warbler on the open ground on the east side of the south sculpture gallery along with an Ovenbird (closed but you can look down from next level up/east of the gallery level) where we had a Hooded a few years ago. A Cape May, Chestnut-sided, and Magnolia Warblers, and Baltimore and Orchard Orioles were in the flowering trees on that southside upper level east side near the great lawn before the bridge to the Art Museum; under the bridge was a Northern Waterthrush. A Northern Parula was in the flowering trees in the North area near the pavillion where we had the Townsend's Warbler a couple of years ago...

all males above - a couple of female Yellow-rumped and Common Yellowthroat Warblers as well.

Finally, many White-throated Sparrows, Catbirds and Common Yellowthroat Warblers on the ground and chasing around. 1 Swainson's Thrush skulking on the south side near the face tower fountain/waterfall.

Happy Migration.

Shanti, n.

Nancy J. Tikalsky
Zion/Lake
/|\ Please consider the environment before printing this email
"Truth is great and will prevail if left to herself. She is the proper and sufficient antagonist to error, and has nothing to fear from the conflict, unless, by human interposition, disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate; errors ceasing to be dangerous when it is permitted freely to contradict them." --Thomas Jefferson: Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom, 1779.

Join us on Facebook!