Date: 5/10/18 12:08 pm
From: Herbert Larner via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Birding Rockingham County
Hello all

this morning John Pancake & I traveled up to Rockingham to check out Oakwood pond for Shorebirds . We found one Spotted , 3 Least , one of each Semipalmated Plover & Sandpiper , one White - rumped Sandpiper . next we headed up to Reddish Knob where at the intersection 14 Red Crossbills , Several Warbler species passing thru & up at Reddish Knob a couple of Canada Warblers & a few Junco , Blue headed Vireo , Red eyed Vireo . & on the way down several more Warblers & a possible Bicknell's Thrush ( more than likely a Gray - cheeked Thrush ) , Red Breasted Nuthatch .

All in all a good morning birding .

Allen Larner
Staunton