Date: 5/10/18 11:42 am
From: Steven Brown <sbrown37...>
Subject: [cobirds] N Waterthrush, FOS birds, CSR, El Paso Co, Thurs.
Hey COBirders,

It was clear, calm, and warm at Clear Spring Ranch this morning :( and not much migratory movement was evident. I DID band a second MacGillivray’s Warbler (Ad M), my second of the season Northern Waterthrush (Second year, female by short wing length), and a second Hermit Thrush (SY).
Most of the catching today involved chasing birds hitting the nets - Red-winged-Blackbirds, Yellow Warblers, and House Wrens

Also seen FOS’s -
Black-headed Grosbeak M
Eastern Kingbird

And for those who saw the COS news - I watched the burning truck at the Nixon Power Plant from my net lanes, about 1/2 mile away. Lots of very black smoke. Very tragic. Puts a so-so birding day in perspective.

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs