Date: 5/10/18 10:44 am
From: M Gonzalez <towhee...>
Subject: [COBOL] Hatfield Lakes - Thur am
Greetings COBOLers,

Another day late and dollar short. I could not relocate Moodie's Black-bellied Plover, but that shouldn't stop others from searching. I'm sure it's a luck-and-skill thing, which I seem to be short of in both counts.

Most of the birds I observed yesterday are still around today, although no gulls or terns observed today.

Two FOYs for me: Blue-winged Teal - 1 drake, and Red-necked Phalarope 4, both species observed in the vicinity of the water inlet for the front pond and easiest to view from the dike road on the north side of front pond.

Warbler numbers and diversity real nice. Chipping Sparrows in large numbers.

Good birding,

Mark

--
Mark Gonzalez