Date: 5/10/18 9:41 am
From: <lpcharron...> <lpcharron...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Fw: Lancaster WTP

Hi Bob I received this from Sam. I go to Colebrook often as it's a good birding trail! Will I see you sat?
Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------From: Sam Stoddard Date: Thu, May 10, 2018 9:19 AMTo: Lori Charron;Ann Griffin;Dave Govatski;Sandy and Mark Turner;Subject:Fwd: Lancaster WTP
Below is a note I received from Tim Bilodeau of the Lancaster Water Department.   (Probably what is going unsaid here is that Ed Sampson (Town Manager), and the Selectmen have the ultimate decision authority about birders visiting the facility, and to my knowledge the matter has not been elevated to that level for a formal decision.)   I think in future encounters with Arlene a prudent approach would be to keep cool and respectful, but remind her that it is no longer her property and that the Water Department does not object to birders entering the facility for the purpose of viewing birds.    And, by the way, Water Street is a favorite walking place ---  several people walk their dogs along the street all the way around the corner to the end of the public road near the WTP building.  The dogs roam the farm fields along the way.   Also, I have encountered small groups of people who walk for exercise and walk on the WTP roads to see generally what is in or near the ponds.
The thing to realize about Arlene is that she is very much concerned with private property rights and the thought that "environmentalists" might discover some rare or endangered species could potentially impact private ownership rights.

----
Sam Stoddard