Date: 5/10/18 7:45 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park today May 10
Hi all,

Thought with the clear night and southerly breeze we would finally see some migrants at WRP. However despite a brief flurry early with a small flock of warblers, almost all male Redstarts, it died quickly. There were a lot more Redeyes in than our last visit, and still no Pewees, so one hopes there is more to come. However this has been a pretty poor spring here (admittedly WRP is really best in autumn). The best bird was a brilliant male Summer Tanager which made a brief appearance at the lake.

We then went over took Sligo Park to check it out, but it was also quiet except for a pair of Redtails and some Acadian FC calling.

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

45 species (+1 other taxa)
Birds of interest: