Date: 5/10/18 6:53 am
From: Ryan Douglas <rndouglas...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Blue Mash Nature Trail (Montgomery Co.) - 10 May
I had the opportunity to visit Blue Mash Nature Trail in Montgomery County this morning. I was visiting primarily to see if I could run into some Yellow-breasted Chats, a bird I haven't seen since moving to Maryland a few years ago. As luck would have it, I heard one almost as soon as I got out of the car! I ended up hearing three individuals, but I never got a good look at any of them.

Other highlights included at least 9 Prairie Warblers, a Lincoln's Sparrow (seemingly the only Spring record for the trail in eBird), and a Least Flycatcher (calling away; apparently the first at the trail in eBird since Fall 2016). There were also several Orchard Orioles, mostly immature males. I would not be surprised if my count of 23 Common Yellowthroats was quite low, as I was trying to be very conservative in my counting.

All in all, a pretty birdy morning, but not many species that don't stick around all summer. eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45513502

Cheers,
Ryan Douglas