Date: 5/10/18 6:23 am
From: Tom Hickcox <cometkazie1...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Beep-beep
There was a roadrunner on the Centenary College campus in Shreveport for
several weeks some time around 1950.  My dad taught at Centenary, we
lived on campus, and I remember it distinctly. It even made the paper.
People tried to catch it and our dog Lady chased it to no avail.

There was no LaBird then to report it to so I don't know if there is any
documentation.  I was ten years old in 1950 and my dad was a birder.

Tom Hickcox

On 5/10/18 00:07, Charles Lyon wrote:
> LA-birders,
> This sighting was in north Webster Parish on April 10th, but Greater Roadrunners are hard to come by in most of Louisiana,
> so I’m making a belated post. It was found by a landowner who does not wish to be identified and who does not wish to have visitors.
> The roadrunner seems to be affectionate to her and has brought her objects including rose petals, clothes pins, and lizards. She
> calls him Peeping Tom as he will peer into her back door, but as do date he does not wish to come inside for a visit. Beep beep!
> The link to the eBird list and embedded photos of “Peeping Tom” are below.
>
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45508754
>
> Charlie Lyon
> Shreveport, LA

Join us on Facebook!