Date: 5/10/18 6:20 am
From: dianemarie yates <maribird...>
Subject: Re: Orioles gone?
I, too, enjoyed over a dozen orioles for about two weeks, being careful to keep oranges and grape jelly refreshed. At first I thought it was my presence outside Monday that ran them off—doing some spring repairs on the garden shed window boxes. In denial, I guess, that no matter what I do, the tornado took my cherry trees and I’ve never had the mulberries some claim attract them, so it’s a temporary thing. There’s still one immature male lagging behind and yesterday I saw a 1st-year female in the afternoon (my guess—mostly yellow.) But a pair of rose-breasted grosbeaks and a male blue grosbeak & male painted bunting keep me in heaven a little longer.