Date: 5/10/18 5:39 am
From: Suzie Liles <suzie.liles...>
Subject: Re: Orioles gone?
A similar story. Had four males and a female on Tuesday evening (down from about 8-10 at our peak) looking for offerings at the feeder. After two and a half weeks of provisioning orioles plus working in the yard all day and hungry myself, I said to them, wait until tomorrow. There was no tomorrow, at least for the crowds. We have seen a lone female working the trees.

It was fun run, and I think, a good interaction for bird awareness as so many people have been talking about this oriole migration spectacular and participating. I’ve heard from friends that Iowa and Indiana have had the same oriole explosion. I hope someone writes about this spring’s event.

Suzie Liles
southern Marion County on the way to the Buffalo River

> On May 10, 2018, at 6:43 AM, Gail Miller <gail.miller...> wrote:
>
> At one point, I had 30 Baltimore Orioles in the yard. I think I saw 2 day before yesterday. I did not see any yesterday. Sure was fun while they were here though! I have a Gray Catbird coming to the jelly and Summer Tanagers for oranges. I’ve also seen a Carolina Chickadee eating oranges.
>
> Gail Miller
> Conway (Faulkner Co. AR)

Join us on Facebook!