Date: 5/9/18 8:18 pm
From: Paul Quintas <pzquintas...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Skokie Lagoons before during and after the morning's rain
We went out for a quick walk at Skokie Lagoons this morning (May 9), hoping to beat the expected thunderstorms. A Prothonotary Warbler was singing from the island just as we entered the woods north of the meadow by Willow Road and gave us a nice look. We did not get any farther as a mixed flock of warblers greeted us there (the best was a Blackburnian). Then the rains came. As it turned out, we had to stay inside the picnic shelter for 45 minutes. However we were treated to great close-up looks at several species of warblers and a very cooperative Blue-headed Vireo.

Paul Quintas
Skokie (Cook)

Join us on Facebook!