Date: 5/9/18 8:06 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: [MDBirding] [FR] Feeder Birds, going, going...
Among the sparrows

White-crowned
Present thru the winter and as recently as 5/8 when I noticed a single
bird in the early hours prior to leaving for most of the day. I
tallied 3 on 5/7. I had hoped they would stay around thru SAT so I
could tally them for the FREDCO [is it still called] Global Big Day.
Incidentally, one of the eBird monitors had asked for photo
documentation on WCSP for one of the BIG counts and I responded with a
terrible pic from inside a 2nd floor window. In my recent photo
safaris documenting the Mystery Bird I found that I could stand
outside in the vicinity of the feeders and still have birds come near.
So for what it's worth, incl a photo of a WCSP taken, I believe, on
Monday.

White-throated
Of course, present thru the winter, continuing recently with a gap of
a single day [4/15] until not found from 5/2 thru 5/8. Today, just as
the WCSPs vanished, a single WTSP returned.

Dark-eyed Juncos
Present thru the winter until absent on 4/14. A single bird was
present on 4/21, but none since.

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter