Date: 5/9/18 7:24 pm
From: Malcolm Gold <malcolmgold...>
Subject: OP Arboretum Blue-winged Warbler
My girls joined me to chase a male Blue-winged Warbler at OP Arboretum. We
saw this beauty at the far west small wooden bridge of Bluff Loop along the
stream before that loop runs into Rocky Ridge Trail. It is the first one I
have seen in 3 years and a first for me in Kansas. A Yellow-bellied
Flycatcher called and showed itself to us even on our walk back.

The girls were just as excited for these bird as the Tennessee Warblers
and Yellow-Throated Vireos. When they are with I tend to look at all birds
as if it is the first time; a truly awesome viewpoint for even the most
common American Robin. Thank you Terry for directions.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45503426

Good Birding,

Malcolm Gold (Johnson County, Kansas)
--