Date: 5/9/18 6:15 pm
From: Ed Laster <elaster523...>
Subject: Behaviors
Yesterday I saw 29 Forster’s Terns lined up on the swimming area flotation tubes at Bull Shoals Lake in Boone County, north of Harrison. They never flew and looked like they were resting after a long trip.

Other recent behaviors dealt with two adult wrens who looked like they were expecting to find a nesting place on my back porch (some nested there 2 years ago) so I hung a basket with dried moss yesterday and today they were frantically filling it with additional nesting material. At the end of the day they were joined by a peanut gallery of three recently fledged juvies who sat on the fan, watched the goings on and got a period snack. Looks like brood # 2 is on the way.

Ed Laster
Little Rock

Join us on Facebook!