Date: 5/9/18 6:07 pm
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Morning Birds in Pendleton County
Today I birded with some friends in Pendleton County. We began with the
first part of Smith Mountain Road at Onego followed by Seneca Rocks. We
came home over the Allegheny via White's Run Road. We tallied 62 species
including 15 warbler species. I was most surprised by a Northern
Waterthrush singing along the river at Seneca Rocks. We often hear
Louisiana Waterthrush there as we did today. I assume the former was just
passing through because it was not usual habitat. We were led part of the
way up the trail at the rocks by a Pileated Woodpecker. A Cerulean Warbler
came down from the heights and gave us pretty good looks. It was a
beautiful day for birding. Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph County from
Pendleton County

1. Rock Pigeon

2. Mourning Dove

3. Ruby-throated Hummingbird