Date: 5/9/18 5:21 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Update on Golden-winged Warbler and death of Peregrine Falcon
A couple of evening notes.

1 - I was lucky and RELOCATED the Golden-winged Warbler fond by Sharon
Harvell this morning.  HOWEVER, it is a maze of trails out there!!  Very
confusing and trail maps are NOT present and I have no idea where to
find any.  Scott Harvell sent me GPS coordinates as follows:
42.779084,-71.634663.  These were helpful and led me to the bird on the
west side of Federal Hill Road perhaps a 10 minute walk from the road.
Take the trail SOUTH of the big red house, but park on the other side of
the road in the designated parking area. I marked the trail with big
sticks in an "X" in the middle of the trail where the bird was seen.  It
is singing a Blue-winged Warbler song.  Sadly other birders searched
until dusk and there were no other re-sightings of the bird.  Hopefully,
it will be more vocal in the morning.  I managed a quick photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevemirick/27134048497/in/dateposted/

2 - Several local television channels picked up on the Peregrine Falcon
story and I talked to a few people.  More details on the shooting with a
couple of my photos:

https://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Police-Federally-Protected-Peregrine-Falcon-Shot-Killed-in-Salem-New-Hampshire-482177321.html

http://boston.cbslocal.com/video/category/news/3860933-federally-protected-peregrine-falcon-shot-killed-in-new-hampshire/

https://www.fox25boston.com/news/federally-protected-falcon-found-shot-in-new-hampshire/746595471