Date: 5/9/18 4:41 pm
From: Alan & Joan Linquist <linquists...>
Subject: [wisb] warblers
We have always had a reliable number of birds in our suburban yard.  While its a good variety, it has rarely varied.  But , tonight, for the first time that we know of, we got warblers in our birch tree and could watch them feed as we ate dinner.  They were a number of female black throated blue warblers, which look a lot different from the males – greenish upper body and a little pale yellow on the lower half. They were joined by a few  orioles who completely ignored our jelly and fed off the nijer seed feeder instead.  I hope we see more of them in the future.  Alan LinquistWashington County