Date: 5/9/18 11:03 am
From: 'Sundberg, Jeffrey' <jsundber...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Yellow-throated Warbler, Vernon Hills Lake County
My sister Kris was birding early this morning and found a Yellow-throated Warbler in Vernon Hills. I went back after the storm passed, around 9:45, and eventually relocated it. The park was crazy with birds- I had 19 species of warblers in a little over an hour, with most species represented by multiple birds. Other highlights included Blackpolls, Cape Mays, and Golden-wingeds.

The sighting was at Century Park, using the northmost parking lot off Lakeview Drive. This is just south of Gregg's Parkway and west of Milwaukee Ave.. Coming south from Gregg's on Lakeview, you will cross a set of railroad tracks. Take the next right into the parking lot for Century Park- it lists Ball Fields 1 and 2 and the Cricket Field (so you might want to bring your cricket gear).

The birds were concentrated in the hedgerow behind the parking lot, mainly west of the lot. You can walk on both sides of the hedgerow.

Thanks, Kris!

Jeff Sundberg
Grayslake/Lake County

Join us on Facebook!