Date: 5/9/18 10:52 am
From: Terry Bronson <tbronsonbirds...>
Subject: Dickcissels on Middle Island in Pleasants County
Martin Powney saw a male while driving north towards the maintenance area
this morning. By coincidence I was walking past on the trail that is very
close to the road at that point. There is a bench and sign and a cutover
trail connecting the main trail to the road. The bird was about 100 feet or
slightly more south of that bench in the direction of the bridge.

By the time we walked back the male was no longer there, but we did see a
female foraging at the very edge of the road. We also saw it an hour later
when we left.

Only other birds worth noting were a dull Savannah Sparrow and a heard-only
Yellow-breasted Chat.

Early in the morning I checked Proctor in Wetzel County for the Snowy Egret
reported yesterday by Wilma Jarrel, but it was not there.

Terry

Join us on Facebook!