Date: 5/9/18 10:54 am
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Granby / Holcomb Farm: First-of-the-Year Pewee, Cape May Warbler
Two male Cape May Warblers chased each other around high in a deciduous (!) tree. Their high-pitched twitter caught my attention, but I wasn't thinking "Cape May" when I raised my binoculars. FOY, and the first Cape Mays I've found in Granby (after 15 years of trying).

I also removed the Starling nest (with its three eggs) from the Kestrel box this morning. The pair of Kestrels hasn't been seen since last week. I hope they haven't disappeared completely.

John Weeks
North Granby