Date: 5/9/18 10:15 am
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: [NHBirds] MAC birding 5/9
Birds seen and heard (mostly heard) during a morning walk at Massabesic
Audubon Center:

Warblers:
Ovenbird
Black-and-white
Black-throated Blue
Black-throated Green
Pine

Others:
Tree Swallow (lots)
Bluebird
Robin
Black-capped Chickadee
Gray Catbird
Song Sparrow (lots)
Chipping Sparrow
Common Grackle
Red-winged Blackbird
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Least Flycatcher

There was also this:

http://www.jwoolfden.com/images/birds/DSC_5415.jpg

which I believe was a Veery, although it seems a bit early for
brownback thrushes.

There was also a bird I heard in the woods near Blueberry Point, which
I'm sure was an Empidonax flycatcher. Listening to recordings of
various empid calls, I think it was a Yellow-bellied, but since I
didn't see it I can't confirm that.

And I got this very nice shot of a Tree Swallow:

http://www.jwoolfden.com/images/birds/DSC_5389.jpg

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH

--
To Change your e-mail delivery settings (digest, daily, no mail)
visit: