Date: 5/9/18 3:40 am
From: Keenan Yakola <kyakola...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Return of the Tropicbird, Seal Island National Wildlife Refuge
Hi all,

I thought many of you would be interested to know that the Red-billed Tropicbird returned yesterday for yet another year on Seal Island National Wildlife Refuge. It’s 14th year (first seen in 2005) in the Gulf of Maine!

We arrived to Seal Island for the nesting season May 4th and have been treated to some interested migrants in addition to the wide diversity of nesting species on the island hughlighted by 2 adult Red-headed Woodpecker, 2 Blue-winged Teal and a Wood Duck.

Otherwise, our nesting terns are beginning to arrive, and alcids are our in force loafing around the island.

Kind Regards,

Keenan