Date: 5/8/18 7:36 pm
From: Chris Anderson <canderson1...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Elmwood warblers, round 2
I went back to Elmwood Park tonight around 6:15. All the warbler species I saw at lunch were still represented minus the Ovenbird (but plus Nashville, which I forgot on the noon email, see below).

Just as things seemed to be quieting down and I was getting ready to leave around 7:30, another batch of warblers dropped in out of nowhere - lots of Yellows, but also Magnolia, Black-throated Green, and Golden-winged.

A pretty fun day of birds.

Chris Anderson
Sioux Falls, SD

> On May 8, 2018, at 12:46 PM, Chris Anderson <canderson1...> wrote:
>
> I went to Elmwood Park in central Sioux Falls over my lunch hour, where I found a very large group of Orange-crowned warblers (at least 40) plus a number of other warblers - Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Tennessee, Wilson’s, Black-and-white, Blackpoll, Northern Waterthrush, Ovenbird, and American Redstart. Wish I had more than half an hour to look through them!
>
> Other non-warblers of note were Blue-headed and Warbling Vireos, Gray Catbird, Broad-winged Hawk, Chimney Swift, and Wood Thrush. I do believe Cooper’s Hawks are nesting there as well, which did not seem to bother the warbler frenzy.
>
> Chris Anderson
> Sioux Falls, SD
>
> --

Posted by: Chris Anderson <canderson1...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)