Date: 5/8/18 6:40 pm
From: David Davis via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Help with ID - Female Tanager
We have been visited for the last two days by a female tanager that I first assumed was a Scarlet Tanager as that is the normal, relatively common species here in Shenandoah County. However, this bird seemed to have some of the characteristics of a Summer Tanager which would be a new species for our site (with 39 years of sightings recorded). I included it in an eBird submission with additional detail and 3 photos. (https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45471863 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45471863>)

I would appreciate thoughts of fellow Virginia birders on the identity of this bird.

Thanks and good birding.

Dave Davis
Arlington and Shenandoah Counties