Date: 5/8/18 4:59 pm
From: Jeff Blalock via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Tobacco Heritage Trail - Boydton
Greeting all

Starting on 02 April, I started birding at the Tobacco Heritage Trail in Boydton Mecklenburg County an eBird Hot Spot that no one else had yet birded.

After visiting on 20 days, 124.75 hr Traveling with 11.50 Nocturnal and 6.25 Hrs Stationary with 3 Hrs Nocturnal and walking 39 Miles with 3.25 Nocturnal; I reached my 110 species for the Hot Spot today moving it into the #10 Hot Spot for Mecklenburg County.

My first goal was to reach 100 species and after that to reach 110 to get to the #10 Hot Spot for Mecklenburg Co.

There are still some species that with luck and work that should be added to the list by summer or fall.

Follow is list of species seen

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Wild Turkey
Common Loon (fly over)
DC Cormorant
GB Heron
B Vulture
T Vulture
Osprey
SS Hawk
B Eagle
RS Hawk
BW Hawk
RT Hawk
Killdeer
Spotted Sandpiper
Solitary Sandpiper
RB Gull (fly over)
Rock Pigeon
M Dove
YB Cuckoo
Eastern Screech-Owl
Barred Owl
CW widow
E Whip-poor-will
Chimney Swift
RT Hummingbird
B Kingfisher
RH Woodpecker
RB Woodpecker
YB Sapsucker
Downy
Hairy
N Flicker
P Woodpecker
E Wood-pewee
Acadian Flycatcher
E Phoebe
GC Flycatcher
Eastern Kingbird
WE Vireo
YT Vireo
RE Vireo
B Jay
A Crow
F Crow
NRW Swallow
P Martin
Barn Swallow
C Chickadee
T Titmouse
H Wren
W Wren
C Wren
BG Gnatcatcher
GC Kinglet (oddly only saw once)
RC Kinglet
E Bluebird
Veery
Swainson’s Thrush
Hermit Thrush
Wood Thrush
A Robin
G Catbird
B Thrasher
N Mockingbird
E Starling
Cedar Waxwing
Ovenbird (heard only)
L Waterthrush
B&W Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Hooded Warbler ( many great looks)
A Redstart
Cape May Warbler
N Parula
Magnolia Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Blackpoll
BT Blue Warbler
Palm Warbler
Pine Warbler
YR Warbler
YT Warbler
Prairie Warbler
BT Green Warbler
Wilson’s Warbler
Chipping Sparrow
Field Sparrow
DE Junco
WT Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
E Towhee
YB Chat
Summer Tanager
Scarlet Tanager
N Cardinal
RB Grosbeak (only one male high in a tree)
Blue Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting
Bobolink (one male flyby as I was scanning field)
E Meadowlark
O Oriole
B Oriole
RW Blackbird