Date: 5/8/18 4:30 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield Station, 5/8/18 - PROTHONOTARY WARBLER
We caught our 100th species at Chatfield today, and it was a gorgeous adult
male PROTHONOTARY WARBLER! We celebrated by taking lots of photos! He had
no fat, so it is possible he will stay around for a few days.

We also had our best day of the season, banding 21 birds and catching 3
banded in prior years:

House Wren 6
American Robin 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Yellow Warbler 5
Prothonotary Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1 new, 1 banded 2015. This is the first time he has
been recaught.
Spotted Towhee 2 new, 1 banded 2017
Brewer's Sparrow 1 (a species we do not catch every year)
Song Sparrow 1 banded 2016
Lincoln's Sparrow 2

Come visit! Just a reminder - we will be open tomorrow (Wed, 5/9) but then
CLOSED for 3 days (5/10-5/12). We will be back in business on Sun, 5/13,
when Audubon Society of Greater Denver will hold its annual Mother's Day
brunch and fundraiser. (I believe it is sold out, but contact ASGD for
more information.) Station will then be open daily, weather permitting,
through the end of May, except for Memorial day.

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies