Date: 5/8/18 4:21 pm
From: 'Molly Jacobson' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] FOY chestnut-sided warbler, Hollis
At Beaver Brook, Brown Lane Barn. One of my favorite properties of theirs to go, it's been very productive with returning birds. Nothing unusual, but a lot of species nonetheless. Also had two parulas and three wood thrushes there. For some reason, I almost always see thrushes in groups of three together. Same thing happened with the hermit thrushes last week. They seem to travel together! Keeping tabs every couple days on Horseshoe Pond (Merrimack), and things seem to be slowing down. Orioles, kingbirds, and catbirds are back, but now no warblers. The palms have been gone for a while, and the yellow-rumps have moved on too. Despite what seems like good habitat, I see very few warblers there any time of year. I am hoping the pair of warbling vireos which have nested there the past two years will return, but no sign of them yet. Awaiting the hummingbirds and rose-breasted grosbeaks for the site too. Apart from wood ducks, the pond is practically devoid of waterfowl.
-Molly JacobsonMerrimack