Date: 5/8/18 4:01 pm
From: Pip Fisher <pip...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Cattle Egrets in Dallas Co.
I was cruising down Hwy 17 when I saw 4 white birds in a field about 50 yards from the road foraging with a herd of black cattle.

Thankfully they were still here when I returned with time to stop and confirm that they are cattle egrets. All 4 have obvious Buffy patches on their breasts and crests.

A flicker, some swallows, and a few other likely suspects were observed.

They are about one mile north of Granger on Hwy 17 in a field to the west of the highway with about 50 cattle. Field is between White House and brick house.

Hope to see you all in Sioux City!

Pip Fisher
NW Polk Co.

Sent from my iPhone