Date: 5/8/18 3:57 pm
From: Linda <tattler1...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] BBC trip Marblehead Neck Wildlife Sanctuary, May 8, 2018
It was a chilly foggy morning at Marblehead Neck MAS Sanctuary this
morning.   The fog had not burned off when the walk concluded a little
after 9.   The fog kept most of the birds down - we struggled to find 6
species of warblers.  Quite unusual moving into the 2nd week of May.
Hopefully other birds 'came out to play' once the sun finally shown through.

Enjoy,
Linda

Marblehead Neck Wildlife Sanctuary, Essex, Massachusetts, US
May 8, 2018 6:30 AM - 9:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: 43 degrees, dense fog. Felt more like a mid/late April morning.
26 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 2
Mallard 3
American Oystercatcher 1 flyover, heard only - surprise of the morning
gull sp. 3
Mourning Dove 1
Downy Woodpecker 3
Northern Flicker 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Blue Jay 4
American Crow 7
Black-capped Chickadee 10
Tufted Titmouse 5
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
House Wren 4 males; probably some females we did not see
Gray Catbird 7
Ovenbird 3
Black-and-white Warbler 2
Common Yellowthroat 3