Date: 5/8/18 12:32 pm
From: Fawn Bowden <fawnda10...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Kentucky Warbler- Hanging Rock Woods, Johnson County
After looking at the Stilt, I figured I'd go and see if the Kentucky
Warbler and Cerulean Warbler had returned to Hanging Rock Woods on the
north side of Hawkeye WMA. Did not find a Cerulean, but the male KENTUCKY
WARBLER was singing away, not too far into the woods from the parking lot.
He was mostly on the right-hand side, but very hard to see as he moved very
little. Diana Pesak joined me part way down the trail, and with her help,
we were able to finally get a visual on the Kentucky. I also spotted a
CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER, BLACK-THROATED GREEN, YELLOW-RUMPED, MAGNOLIA
WARBLER and many AMERICAN REDSTARTS. Not real birdy, but the ones we saw
were wonderful :)

Fawn Bowden
Riverside, IA

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MvGye2P6DNU/WvH6rdqdP9I/AAAAAAAAA-8/LM_fi7cEYBogX7jFXAfHIeCc3-8YTbziQCLcBGAs/s1600/P1070175.JPG>