Date: 5/8/18 10:48 am
From: Chris Anderson <canderson1...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Warbler fallout
I went to Elmwood Park in central Sioux Falls over my lunch hour, where I found a very large group of Orange-crowned warblers (at least 40) plus a number of other warblers - Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Tennessee, Wilson’s, Black-and-white, Blackpoll, Northern Waterthrush, Ovenbird, and American Redstart. Wish I had more than half an hour to look through them!

Other non-warblers of note were Blue-headed and Warbling Vireos, Gray Catbird, Broad-winged Hawk, Chimney Swift, and Wood Thrush. I do believe Cooper’s Hawks are nesting there as well, which did not seem to bother the warbler frenzy.

Chris Anderson
Sioux Falls, SD

Posted by: Chris Anderson <canderson1...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)