Date: 5/8/18 9:33 am
From: Rich Rieger via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] yellow-bellied FC at Huntley Meadows
No big fallout of warblers this morning at Huntley Meadows as I tried to add some to my Fairfax list, but first prize went to a YELLOW-BELLIED FC that I found on my way back to the parking lot.

Saw the bird, small FC, prominent eye ring and white wingbars and my first thought was Least. But then it turned and I saw the yellow wash and started vocalizing so not a Least or Acadian. Had to listen to calls on my playback machine, but all the clues left me w. Yellow-bellied -

Going out from visitor center, bird was about 50 yards down the trail toward the wetland... very good bird for spring in Fairfax Co. - hope someone from the bird-a-thon saw it -

Rich Rieger
Alexandria