Date: 5/8/18 9:11 am
From: Sebastian Jones <sebastianojones...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Brookline Bird Club McLaughlin Woods Walk, 5/8
Hi Massbirders,
Thirteen of us birded McLaughlin Woods in Boston this morning. Things were
a little slower than the past few days (no Cape Mays or Blackburnians), but
we were able to locate 10 warbler species, including an Orange-crowned
Warbler that has been present since 5/6, in addition to a pair of Brown
Thrashers and an assortment of other species. Full checklist is below.

Just after the conclusion of the walk, a few of us who had lingered to do a
final loop of the woods were treated to a male Summer Tanager
<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45448082>. The bird was found along the
dirt path that starts in the orchard area and leads to the feeder, though
was later relocated towards the edge of the hospital parking lot in the
tangle by Ted Bradford. This customized Google Map
<https://tinyurl.com/McLaughlinWoods> shows the different locations at
McLaughlin Woods for those interested. Northern Cardinals seemed to
be pestering the tanager throughout both sightings, so that might be
something to keep an eye out for if you attempt to relocate the bird.

This walk will continue weekly on Tuesdays at 7:30 am throughout the
spring, more info on the next walk here.
<https://www.brooklinebirdclub.org/events/mclaughlin-woods-migrants-boston-4/>

Best,
Sebastian Jones
Jamaica Plain, MA

PS- for those on this morning's walk who would like me to share the eBird
checklist with you, send me a quick email and I'll take care of that.