Date: 5/8/18 8:59 am
From: John D Babington via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Shepaug River Valley - Washington, CT
Stopped this morning at a couple of places I like to check for birds in the Spring along the Shepaug River valley here in Washington, CT. First was in the area around the horse riding ring parking area of the Steep Rock Preserve from about 7 to 8 AM where I saw or heard the following: Common Merganser (2 pairs). Belted Kingfisher (one heard), Veery (one pair seen), Gray Catbird (2 seen), Louisiana Waterthrush (one heard), Ovenbird (one heard), and Baltimore Oriole (one heard). After a short breakfast break in Washington Depot I birded from about 8:30 to 10 AM in Washington Depot area checking the park along the river and the the Greenway trail around and behind the Washington Elementary School: Pileated Woodpecker (one seen), Eastern Kingbird (one seen). House Wren (several heard), Gray Catbird ( 4 seen), Warbling Vireo (2 heard), Black-throated Green Warbler (one heard), Yellow Warbler (one seen), and Baltimore Oriole (6 seen or heard).
David W BabingtonWashington, CT