Date: 5/8/18 8:34 am
From: Molly Zahn <mollymzahn...>
Subject: Bay-breasted Warbler, Baker Wetlands
Hi folks,
I took a quick(ish) walk at Baker Wetlands this morning. Windy and felt
very summery, but there was some warbler action in the woods along the
Wakarusa. First of Year Wilson's along with redstarts, parula, blackpoll,
yellow. Best by far though was a bay-breasted, which e-bird flagged as
rare. It was singing almost continuously and once I located it I got great
clear looks for several minutes.

Other FOYs were pewee and orchard oriole.

Here's hoping the south winds deposit more good birds!

Molly Zahn
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to