Date: 5/8/18 6:00 am
From: 'Ross Geredien' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Mourning Warbler Lake Artemesia
Good Mourning,

I had an adult male Mourning Warbler in beautiful alternate plumage was singing in small thickets low to the ground at Lake Artemesia around 7:40 AM. I had the bird for about four to five minutes, and it appeared to be staying put. It was between the pedestrian bridge across Indian Creek and the lakeside trail, near the junction of all the paths that go west from there. As you go down in the low area between the bridges, there’s an old paved path that goes north but is blocked off and disappears into those thickets with a log across the path. It was right in that vegetation, maybe 20 yards or less in from the main path.

Ross Geredien
Mount Rainier, MD

Sent from my iPhone