Date: 5/8/18 5:25 am
From: Dana Laird via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Selleck's Woods Darien
Yesterday I wandered most of the property between 3:30- (now I forget,
7:15?) saw Ovenbird, B&WWs, female Rufous Sided Towhee, Great Egret,
Several Catbirds, Wood Thrushes as well as Blue Jays, Grackles, and the
punks of the day, Orioles; saw two nests being assembled.
As I was headed out I spotted something different at the Vernal Pool at
the same moment Ellyne did from another spot; the Hooded Warbler (Ellyne
filled me in on the ID), we also saw a CYT at the same spot. We spent a
fair amount of time observing the HW.
Bill came along but did not see the HW; on the way out he did spot a
RCK, so I think we all had a satisfying birding day.
Dana