Date: 5/7/18 8:26 pm
From: Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Big Day in River Valley
One hundred species in 10 hrs on May 5th, with Sandy Berger, Karen McGee, Cheryl Childers, and a young birder named Kaylee.  Lots of fun and laughter.  We stopped only for "peewees" and a drive through lunch.  Highlights included 6 species of Vireos (including some vociferous Bell's), 19 species of Warblers, 40+ White-rumped sandpipers (a tired flock so reluctant to fly that we had to carefully skirt them) and a magnificent Swainson's Hawk in the Alma area.
Cerulean Warblers were stoically singing in a landscape depressingly littered with fallen trunks in Cartwright Mountain Road.
I headed back home around 330pm with a mild headache but the rest of the intrepid group headed west for Sequoyah.  It's good to do some temperate birding for a change....

Kannan
Ft. Smith

Join us on Facebook!