Date: 5/7/18 8:22 pm
From: Wade Snyder <dry_fly_fisherman1...>
Subject: Jefferson Co. Bobolinks, Palm Warbler and Baltimore Orioles
Hello All,

Today at the USDA Fruit Research Station in Bardane I observed 8 male and 2 female FOS Bobolinks. The males were noticeably vocal and displaying their usual attitude. This is a seasonal treat for me and I never tire of admiring these birds and listening to their unique calls.

I also was able to spot a FOS Palm Warbler wagging that tail and keenly targeting available live food.

The Baltimore Orioles are back and wasting no time in starting their families. I watched a female this morning gathering nesting material and flying away with it.

N. Wade Snyder

Shenandoah Junction

Join us on Facebook!