Date: 5/7/18 8:02 pm
From: Les Brooks via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Visit to entrance marsh at James River NWR along Route 10 in Prince George County
Hello everyone!I am super trilled that James River National Wildlife Refuge has acquired the marsh property along the northern section of this area!  This should keep the area preserved for future generations.  I spent four hours looking and listening and saw the following birds.  Bald Eagle in flight (2), Peregrine Falcon in flight (1), Red-Tailed Hawk in flight (1), Turkey Vultures (6), Black Vultures (5), Great Blue Heron (3), Prothonotary Warbler (4), Red-Winged Balckbird (3), Northern Cardinal (1), Red-Bellied Woodpecker (1), Heard a Pileated Woodpecker, unidentified Sparrow(1)  Wood duck in flight (2 or 4?)..  Also thought I spotted a Green Heron but it disappeared before I got a good look. The Prothonotary Warblers and Male Northern Cardinal allowed me to take photos.  The Prothonotarys Warblers kept me guessing at their numbers.  As one would pop up, I would hear another one calling.  How cool to see several in one area!  (My thanks for your great work results, Julie Kass and team members!)  If you care to have a look at images they are here: http://natures-finest-photography.com/gallery/song-birds-1a/a-prothonotary-in-song---nfp-s/. And here: http://natures-finest-photography.com/gallery/song-birds-1a/a-cardinal-in-the-marsh---nfp-s/. I hope the links work this time.  Best birding!  Les Brooks. Glen Allen