Date: 5/7/18 6:43 pm
From: 'Suzanne (Moses/Vedder) Mason' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] New Yard Bird
This morning I looked up at my feeder and saw a bird I've not even seen around here. I knew right away what it was, but was in disbelief. No mistaking the Red-headed Woodpecker! I now officially have seen all 7 lower peninsula Michigan woodpeckers in my yard. I took pictures but they aren't very good... I won't send unless someone asks.
Orioles, Grosbeaks, indigo Buntings, Thrashers, Catbirds, Bobolink, and all kinds of sparrows are here too (with lingering Tree sparrows and Juncos). Not so much on the warblers yet. Turkeys have taken over my yard as their personal hangout. They're in and out most of the day coming up to my deck and house. Had 5 toms at one time, all puffed up and gorgeous... but the hens could care less!
Suzanne in Big Rapids

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<906202086.953030.1525743775199...>